A quick response from the Coast Guard may have saved a woman’s life, after she passed out on board a boat at the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C.
A man called USCG around 5:30 Sunday evening to report that he and another person on board were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, and the other person was unconscious in the cabin.
Coast Guard crew members from Station Washington rushed to the 40-foot pleasure boat and took the unconscious passenger, a woman, out of the cabin and onto the USCG response boat. A crew member began CPR on the way to the nearby Georgetown waterfront, and the woman regained consciousness.
Both passengers were met at the waterfront by EMS and were taken to George Washington University Hospital.
“It feels great knowing that I possibly saved a persons life,” said Petty Officer 2nd Class Chris Page, boarding officer, who performed the CPR. “My training just kicked in automatically, and I am happy I could help.”