A tradition of the Annapolis Boat Show is the Pusser’s Painkiller, and as the summer slows to fall this Caribbean drink reminds us of the places we can cruise. Check out bartender Erin as she whips up a single-serving cocktail that adapts to your adventure level, offering variations from a level 2, 3, to a daring level 4 “pain,” adjusting the intensity of your Painkiller.
Watch below as Erin at Pusser’s in Annapolis shows us how to create their version of a Pusser’s Painkiller:
- 2-4 ounces Pusser’s Navy Rum
- 1/2 ounce cream of coconut
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- Ice cubes
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
- Fresh pineapple wedge, for garnish
- Fill your tin with ice:
- Fill your Pussers tin cup with ice!
- Choose Your Adventure Level:
- Depending on your taste for adventure, select either the Level 2, 3, or 4 Pusser’s Painkiller variant, and add that amount of Pusser’s Rum to your cup.
- Mix the Base:
- Combine cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and orange juice, mix well, then pour into your cup.
- Grate a touch of nutmeg over the top for a fragrant aroma and added depth of flavor.
- Add a fresh orange wedge and cherry to make it festive.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Your personalized Pusser’s Painkiller is ready for your adventurous palate. Take a sip, close your eyes, and let the flavors transport you to a sun-soaked beach.
- Feel free to adjust the rum levels to fine-tune the intensity according to your taste and adventure readiness.
- Freshly grated nutmeg provides the best flavor, but pre-ground nutmeg can also be used if that’s what you have on hand.
- For an extra chilled drink, consider chilling the juices before mixing.
- This recipe is designed for a single glass but can easily be multiplied to serve a group.